Friday, September 13, 2013

My Dog Prepares For Zombie Apocalypse

Ever since my dog was a small puppy Tubby has had this annoying habit of burying everything I woud give her.  Bones, doggie treats, toys, donuts, everything.  Lately she has been chewing on bones that I know I didn't give her, pig! (We live in a small Pacific Island where pigs are cooked in the earth.)

Tubby waiting for the zombies to arrive.
I know she is buring stuff because I have watched her methodically look for the best place. She has also returned with a clean body, dirty nose.

Why does my dog bury bones?
I googled it.


Why Dogs Hide Their Bones?

According to the Daily Puppy article by Mark Salzwedel, it is a genetic hold over from when times would be lean.  If you feed them too much or meals are not consistent your dog will begin to plan ahead for no food.  Some dogs never return to their burried stash because the lean times never come.

Salzwedel also stated that some dogs will take cloths as nesting materials.  Tubby just likes to yank everything off the cloths line and lay on them. 

So it got me thinking.  My dog must be preparing for the Zombie apocalypse.  .

Zombie?  I know what a zombie looks like, I have seen the movie Shaun of the Dead, but what is the definition?
I googled it

Zombie

A zombie (Haitian Creole: zonbi; North Mbundu: nzumbe) is an animated corpse raised by magical means, such as witchcraft.[1] The term is often figuratively applied to describe a hypnotized person bereft of consciousness and self-awareness, yet ambulant and able to respond to surrounding stimuli. Since the late 19th century, zombies have acquired notable popularity, especially in North American and European folklore.  Thank you Wikipedia!

Now if I can only get her to stop licking my leg!

Kateri





No comments:

Post a Comment